Teachers AVCs - Home

Standard Annuities

An annuity is a financial product that guarantees to pay you an income for life irrespective of stockmarket performance. The terms of how your income is paid is set at outset and can’t be altered once set up.

Read more

Investment Annuities

Offer the potential of a higher and rising income depending on the performance of  an investment. There is a guarantee on the minimum income that will be paid in the event of the investments failing to perform.

Read more

Income Drawdown

Income drawdown allows you to take upto upto 25% tax free cash from your Teachers AVC. The balance of the fund remains invested and based on your age, and investment returns you are able to withdraw taxable income.

Read more

Impaired Annuties

If you have had health problems you may qualify for higher rates than standard annuities using an impaired annuity. These plans are individually underwritten and are offered by specialist providers.

Read more

Fixed Term Annuties

Provide guaranteed income for a set period of time. At the end of the fixed period you have a guaranteed fund value which was agreed at the outset and you are able to decide again on how to take your income.

Read more

Flexible Drawdown

A relatively new option that allows teachers with a guaranteed pension income above £20,000 per year to take upto 25% tax free cash from their AVCs and then withdraw the remaining 75% balance, subject to income tax.

Read more